A great place to gather with family & friends to enjoy the traditions of the holiday season!
Downtown Bay City Celebrates Sundays in the City
November 11 - December 16, 2012
November 4, 2012
Leave a Comment
Sundays in November and December in
Downtown Bay City Offer Great Holiday Memories!
November 11, 18 & 25 - December 2, 9 & 16
By: O. J. Cunningham
Every Sunday during Downtown Bay City's Sundays in the City there are so many ways to enjoy the sights, the sounds and the joy of the season. Historic Downtown Bay City shines brightly with beautifully decorated one-of-a-kind shops, a growing list of eateries and numerous entertainment options. Over the years this event has become a holiday tradition for the entire Great Lakes Bay Region!
Everyone loves a little savings during the holidays with another Sundays in the City tradition the Santa Buck - a holiday coupon that can be used at participating businesses all over Downtown! 100,000 Santa Bucks will be distributed this year, plus the holiday coupon can be printed at: downtownbaycity.com
During this Holiday Celebration:
Santa Buck With this special coupon, holiday shoppers will receive $5 off regularly priced items each Sunday at 34 businesses. The total Santa Buck value is $170!
Santa's Arrival Everyone's invited to Wenonah Park on Friday, November 23 at 7 pm, to help welcome Santa & Mrs. Claus. Then it's off to the Planetarium to tell Santa just what you want for Christmas! (Until 9 pm)
FREE Horse-Drawn Carriage Rides Available starting Sunday, November 25 through Sunday, December 16. Pick-up is from noon until 3 p.m. in front of the State Theatre at 913 Washington Ave. Sponsored by Chemical Bank and The Bay City Times.
Strolling Musicians and Carolers On Sundays there'll be music in the streets sponsored by A Wedding & Gift Boutique and Thumb National Bank & Trust Co.
Festival of Wreaths Downtown visitors can enter to win one of the many specially decorated wreaths located at each participating business.
Sleigh of Gifts One lucky shopper will win all of the gifts donated by the participating Downtown businesses. The Sleigh of Gifts will be on display at Herter Music Center, 901 Washington Avenue.
Holiday Movies at the State Theatre Each Sunday holiday movies will be shown at 1:00 p.m. & 4:00 p.m. at the historic State Theatre, 913 Washington Avenue, graciously sponsored by Edward Jones and The Bay City Times. Admission is a non-perishable food item donation to benefit the Good Samaritan Rescue Mission or a toy donation to benefit Toys for Tots. The schedule of movies can be found at www.statetheatrebaycity.com
Click here for a Schedule of2012 Holiday Open Houses & Special Activities!
Sundays in the City Participating Businesses:
- A Wedding & Gift Boutique - 104 Fourth St.
- American Kitchen - 207 Center Ave.
- Atrium - 1100 N. Water St.
- Bay Antique Center* - 1010 N. Water St.
- Bayshire Beauty Academy - 917 Saginaw St.
- Chemical Bank* - 600 Washington Ave.
- Di's Ink Stamp-n-Crafts - 924 Washington Ave.
- Do-ART Studio & Gallery - 810 Washington Ave.
- Dow Bay Area Family Y - 225 Washington Ave.
- G.T. Homestead - 109 Third St.
- Herman Hiss & Co. - 905 Washington Ave.
- Herter Music Center - 901 Washington Ave.
- Little House - 924 N. Water St.
- MeadowCreek Clothiers - 920 Washington Ave.
- Merle Norman Cosmetics - 908 Washington Ave.
- My Secret Garden - 600 Saginaw St.
- Paperworks - 922 Washington Ave.
- Riverfront Grille at the DoubleTree by Hilton - Bay City Riverfront - One Wenonah Place
- St. Laurent Brothers - 1101 N. Water St.
- Simmons Jewelers - 208 Center Ave.
- State Theatre - 913 Washington Ave.
- Stein Haus - 1108 N. Water St.
- Stock Pot Diner - 1007 Washington Ave.
- Subway - Downtown Bay City - 817 Washington Ave.
- Sweet Choices Cake Decorating School - 104 Fourth St.
- Sweet Peach Baby Boutique - 910 Washington Ave.
- The Cat's Meow Downtown - 810 Washington Ave.
- The Gourmet Cupcake Shoppe - 915 Washington Ave.
- The Sweet Boutique - 816 Washington Ave.
- ThunderBrew Coffee Company - 521 Washington Ave.
- Uptown Girl - 111 Center Ave.
- Violets Blue - 115 Fourth St.
- Washington Lanes Cafe - 1205 Washington Ave.
- Water Front Market & Deli - 925 N. Water St.
- Wind & Willows on the River - 923 N. Water St.
- World Cafe - 200 Center Ave.
* Note: These businesses are participating in all Sundays in the City activities except for the Santa Buck.
For more information, please call 989-893-3573 or visit us at www.downtownbaycity.com
O. J. Cunningham
O. J. Cunningham is the Publisher of MyBayCity.com. Cunningham previously published Sports Page & Bay City Enterprise. He is the President/CEO of OJ Advertising, Inc.
More from O. J. Cunningham
Send This Story to a Friend!
Letter to the editor
Link to this Story
Printer-Friendly Story View
--- Advertisments ---