Fighting the cold & flu season
Staying Healthy - Tips From Fleeg
December 12, 2006
Leave a Comment
By: Julie Munger
In my Over 20 years of employment at OJA, I've never called in sick once, and I must admit, I never believed the theory, that you can get sick by getting a chill. (As my Mom always said, sorry Mom) I believe it's all from the germs. I've encountered several close friends and family over the weekend who are suffering from a terrible cold . . so. . .
Here are my Top 6 Tips
for staying healthy and beating the cold & flu. .
- Muscle builds the immune system
#2 VITAMIN C
- I am a great supporter in "Airborne" which is a Huge Vitamin C Boost!
#3 FLOSS & GARGLE
- The amount of bacteria that lies between your teeth is unimaginable
#4 WASH YOUR HANDS OFTEN
- Anytime your out in public or shake someones hand, door handles. . the list goes on. . . and don't touch your face after these encounters
#5 EAT HEALTHY
- (My theory: no fast food, stay away from "pop". . just for starters)
#6 AVOID STRESS
- (if possible)I wont get into this right now, but their are several things you can do to limit your stress levels.
Most of these are just common sense.. Right?, but I was surprised to hear on the Early Show about a month ago, they Announced
that "exercise contributes to fighting off the cold and flu." Now... I thought "Is there anyone that does not know this?"
So. . . Hence, my Tips. . . (For people who just might Not Know
I love learning things of interest that I do not know such as:
This morning I read an article in the Grains & Greens Magazine.
Aspirin suppresses your immune system.
So, bear the headache, until absolute necessary.
It was based on Research, Research & Research. . . and according to My Cousin Mike Munger, (Registered Dietitian, of Munger Consulting, LLC),
. . . It Must be based on Medical Research!
Stay Healthy & God Bless . . .
Send This Story to a Friend!
Letter to the editor
Link to this Story
Printer-Friendly Story View
--- Advertisments ---