Family Hope Center Reviews The 12 Step Program
April 15, 2012
By: Randy Badgerow
Family Hope Center will be reviewing each step of the 12 step program during the next few weeks.
For the next 12 Weeks, Family Hope Center will be reviewing each step of the 12 step program. Listed below are The 12 Steps of Alcoholics Anonymous:
1. We admitted we were powerless over alcohol that our lives have become unmanageable.
2. Came to believe that a power greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity.
3. Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of God, as we understood Him.
4. Made a searching and fearless moral inventory of ourselves.
5. Admitted to God, to ourselves, and another human being the exact nature of our wrongs.
6. Were entirely ready to have God remove all these defects of character.
7. Humbly asked Him to remove our shortcomings.
8. Made a list of all persons we had harmed and became willing to make amends to them all.
9. Made direct amends to such people wherever possible, except when to do so would injure them or others.
10. Continued to take personal inventory and when we were wrong promptly admitted it.
11. Sought through prayer and meditation to improve our conscious contact with God, as we understood Him, praying only for knowledge of His will for us and the power to carry that out.
12. Having had a spiritual awakening as a result of these steps, we tried to carry this message to alcoholics, and to practice these principles in all our affairs.
For more- information please call (989) 893-1165 or visit www.familyhopecenterbac.org
These steps have saved millions of alcoholics and addicts since 1935
© Alcoholics Anonymous World Services, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Groups & Non-Profits Article 06905
Send This Story to a Friend!
Letter to the editor
Link to this Story
Printer-Friendly Story View
--- Advertisments ---